Full-Time Classroom Facilitator
The Classroom Facilitator is responsible for providing classroom instruction at the Rainbow Summer Program. Rainbow Summer Program is a 6-week summer educational enrichment program for children who have completed grades K – 8. Curriculum emphases include reading, financial literacy and wellness literacy (gardening, health/nutrition and physical fitness). This is an AmeriCorps position.
Note: All activities will be conducted in accordance with public health guidance.
- Participate in orientation, planning, training, implementation, debriefing, and evaluation meetings.
- Maintain accurate classroom attendance records and weekly lesson plans.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and role modeling for youth grades K – 8 during RISE UP Time, Curriculum Time, Social Action, D.E.A.R (Drop Everything And Read) Time, Sports, Gardening, Mini Society, Harvester’s Kids in the Kitchen and other academic, social development, and recreational activities.
- Supervision of a class with a 9:1 ratio for breakfast, morning and afternoon break, lunch, afternoon activities and outdoor free play/story time.
- Participation in a daily morning focus group and afternoon debriefing session.
- Work effectively as a member of the summer program team.
- Support a positive summer learning experience.
- Participate in RISE UP and Cheers & Chants
- Experience being around or working with young children and young adults
- Dependable, self-starter and cooperative
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communications skills
- Possess good classroom management skills
- Possess good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- One or more years of college or post-secondary education
- Must be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States and participate in a criminal history check
Salary: This is an AmeriCorps position. There will be a $6,500 living allowance and an education award of $1,374.34. The service term is approximately 40 hrs a week between 5/30/22- 7/31/22.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplySend resume & cover letter to Samanthe Burton-Bosket, firstname.lastname@example.org
333 total views, 1 today