Full-Time Regional Representatives
Are you looking for meaningful work in food access? Want to help local
farmers and markets? Interested in learning about how federal nutrition
benefits programs work? Enjoy traveling and meeting a wide variety of
people? If so, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Established in 1992, the National Association of Farmers’ Market Nutrition Programs (NAFMNP)
is a national non-profit organization providing critical linkage among all of the stakeholders in
USDA’s Farmers’ Market Nutrition Programs. NAFMNP works on an ongoing basis with 51
state agencies and the District of Columbia, with programs in U.S. Territories, and with
Federally recognized Indian Tribal Organizations. NAFMNP’s mission is “Cultivating
opportunities for consumers to buy fresh produce from local growers.”
NAFMNP has entered into a Cooperative Agreement with USDA to provide support services for
farmers and markets to increase their participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP). We are hiring several Regional Representatives in support of this effort.
Regional representatives will serve as field staff for NAFMNP, covering a territory and assist
farmers and markets with all aspects of SNAP enrollment, acceptance, and participation.
Final territory boundaries will depend on geographic location of applicant; there may also be
opportunities to travel beyond determined region of coverage based on project needs.
Currently seeking representatives in the following regions (please indicate which region you are
applying for in your application):
1. Western US / Southwest
2. Western US / Northwest
4. Texas / Southern US
5. Northeast US
● Becoming knowledgeable about federal nutrition benefits programs and the project;
● Identifying opportunities to connect with farmers and market operators;
● Meeting with farmers and farmers markets to provide information on the FNS program;
● Following up on leads generated from the on-line registration system;
● Engaging eligible farmers and markets about SNAP authorization during the Spring
training signup season for the WIC and Senior FMNP programs;
● Collaborating with local NAFMNP representatives to coordinate meetings, trainings, and
sign up events;
● Organizing and implementing NAFMNP sign up events;
● Assisting farmers and markets in submitting the required paperwork for authorization to
become a SNAP retailer;
● Reporting to and support of NAFMNP project managers as appropriate to meet the
project goals and objectives.
This is a remote contract position, with hours that fluctuate with the farmers market season.
Administrative and operations management are additional responsibilities and hours that may
be available to the right candidate.
Skills and qualifications required:
● Ability to engage with farmers and markets;
● Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory to meet in person;
● Ability to manage projects with attention to detail;
● Strong communication skills – verbal, written and interpersonal;
● Ability to work independently as a self-starter with minimal supervision;
● Skilled at using data spreadsheets (Excel);
● Research skills preferred;
● Experience with a variety of software services such as but not limited to
DropBox, Slack, Zoho, Zapier, ZenDesk etc. preferred;
● Experience working with diverse populations; and
● Ability to learn the technicalities of federal nutrition benefits programs.
Pay Range is $20 -$28 an hour.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete this form: http://marketlink.org/job-opportunities. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
250 total views, 1 today