Volunteer ARCH Program Mentor
Rosedale Development Association (RDA) is a neighborhood nonprofit that works with residents, businesses, and institutions to develop a thriving Rosedale community. RDA envisions a place where all people feel safe and connected and live in quality neighborhoods that celebrate diversity in all forms, nourish creativity, support healthy living, and foster economic opportunity.
Purpose: ARCH – Advancing Rosedale Community Health project, is a comprehensive approach to whole community health that includes active living, healthy eating, financial literacy, job-readiness, advocacy, leadership development, civic engagement, and community service.
Location: Meeting will be held in the Community Center located at 1401 Southwest Blvd, KCK 66103.
Key Responsibilities: Mentors are needed in the following areas:
- Banking/Finance- volunteers will discuss topics such as, opening a bank account, how to make a budget, taxes 101, forms (W-2, W-4, and I-9).
- Resume/Cover Letter- volunteers will co-lead a classroom with RDA staff on one of the following topics: writing a cover letter and resume, interviewing best practices, and how to capitalize on your volunteer experience.
- Job Skills- volunteers will discuss how to effectively conduct an online job search. In addition, volunteers will discuss ways to improve on-the-job skills.
- Administrative- volunteers will share a skill with participants. All specialties are welcome, from coding to personality assessments.
- Recreational- volunteers will lead a group of participants in social activities, such as dance, workout, or sports leagues.
Reports to RDA Volunteer Coordinator and Program Director
The Length of Appointment: Ongoing
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours, evening hours
Qualifications: Experience in the field for which you are applying. Bilingual is a plus.
Volunteer Benefits: Volunteers will establish a connection with the community. In addition, volunteers will have the opportunity to be featured in our monthly newsletter, as well as, RDA can act as a professional reference.
Age Requirement: 18+
Dress Code: Casual attire is suggested
How to ApplyFor more information, contact Juanise Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 677-5097. To apply, visit www.Rosedale.org
512 total views, 2 today