Full-Time Church Administrator
Rainbow Mennonite Church is a church that values the Anabaptist and historical peace church tradition and is member of the Western District Conference of Mennonite Church USA. The mission of Rainbow Mennonite Church is to maintain a fellowship of all who profess faith and a desire to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ, regardless of race, ethnic identity, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic or other life circumstances, and who will strengthen and express our faith by corporate worship, study and teaching of the gospel, and who will seek to serve the spiritual and material needs of this and the larger community.
The Church Administrator works with staff, volunteers, members, committees, boards, and wider community members and organizations to help us carry out our church vision and make communication and other logistics effective and efficient. This position supports and enables other staff members to fulfill their professional responsibilities, works with the Sexton to oversee the facilities and grounds, and is the primary contact for contracted work ensuring the facility and grounds are maintained for ministry programs, church and community events. This position reports to the Pastor.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls and mail for church staff and programs in a professional manner.
- Prepare accurate and professional correspondence.
- Screen church visitors and emails, directing them to other staff or agencies as necessary.
- Edit and disseminate communication tools such as the Rainbow News, Sunday bulletin and News notes, church brochures, and others as requested.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Distribute various communications to church members and extended audiences through e-mail, mailbox systems, regular mail and bulletin boards.
- Support church committees and Church Council by receiving, posting, and communicating information, as well as archiving meeting minutes.
- Maintain a key log and know who has keys to the facility at all times.
- Participate in other committees as requested by the Pastor
- Provide necessary reports on monthly/annual basis
- Participate in and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain professional relations while serving as staff liaison to select church committees as needed.
- Assist with additional projects as directed by the Pastor.
- Work with the RMC Treasurer to fully understand and support the church financial processes and structure.
- Maintain good accounting practices and processes under the direction of the RMC Treasurer and Stewardship Committee.
- Perform clerical functions of reviewing invoices, writing and printing checks, and filing invoices per guidelines.
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable and seek to keep good relations with vendors and to keep abreast of their services to RMC.
- Make deposits as required.
- Record journal entries for weekly congregational contributions in Quickbooks.
- Record bi-weekly payroll entries in Quickbooks.
- Prepare reports for church staff and committees as requested.
- Maintain petty cash fund.
- Assist Sharing Community in Rosedale with maintaining financial records, including entering transactions, reconciling accounts, and producing reports as requested.
- Monitor church credit card purchases and limits to avoid abuses or problems.
- Assist the pastor in processing Emergency Assistance requests per established policy
- Maintain the official church calendar for church functions and building use.
- Provide day-to-day HR support, including submitting payroll information, recording overtime, accruing paid time off, administering benefits, serving as point of contact with employer insurance vendor, completing employee background checks and other HR responsibilities with input from the Personnel Committee and Pastor. Ensure security and confidentiality of data.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current and appropriately secure/locked.
- Maintain and coordinate updates to the church directory and membership records.
- Prepare church annual report with input from staff, committees, and Church Council.
- Provide support to worship activities, with guidance from the Worship and Visual Arts Committees and Deacons.
- Assist in the coordination of memorial services, with direction from the Pastor and other church groups and committees.
- Maintain, coordinate, and help promote use of facilities and grounds by outside groups under guidelines established by the Trustees and the Church Council. Provide administrative support to these groups as appropriate.
- Maintain the church office, surrounding area, and copy room so they present a positive and professional appearance.
- Assist committees as requested on archiving meeting minutes/reports
- Maintain the internal church network and computer workstations, including selection and installation of new workstations and required software.
- Add features to the church website and maintain the website with frequent upgrades as needed. Add or delete content on the website as recommended by Pastor, other staff, the Church Council or the Personnel Committee.
- Provide management of other social media and monitor activity across various social media platforms for the church including Facebook, and other relevant social media or platforms as becomes advantageous to the church mission. Provide feedback to the Church Council or Pastor regarding problems or corrections needed to maintain social media in a fashion compatible with the church mission.
- Assist with technology needs as requested, such as projector needs.
Facilities and Grounds
- Ensure proper coordination in the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems in addition to landscaping, mowing and cleaning including minor repairs and coordination of volunteers or outside vendors for needed repairs and replacements.
- Contract management of vendor services in consultation with Trustees and Sexton to facilitate applicable services and/or repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Oversee and ensure that maintenance records for the building, contacts of outside vendors/volunteers, and annual/seasonal maintenance checklists are organized and retained, as recorded and maintained by the Sexton and in consultation with the Trustees.
- Ensure maintenance records are in compliance with all applicable codes, inspections, and regulations.
- Review all outside vendor invoices to ensure and verify satisfactory completion of work.
- Monitor inventory of supplies used throughout building and order as needed
- Coordinate and monitor schedules with all building employees and tenants; Manage relationships with rental tenants to make sure their occupancy is satisfactory.
- Oversee and implement Building Use Policy
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of the RMC team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Reasonable understanding of network and personal computer maintenance, website and social media management.
- Understand general accounting practices and processes.
- Experience in office management.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Education and Experience
Associates degree preferred or minimum of two years related work experience.
Job Type: Full Time, Nonexempt (30 hours)
Salary Range: $24,960 – $28,080
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
577 total views, 1 today