Hourly Culinary Manager
The Culinary Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the menu for the Rainbow Summer Program at Rainbow Mennonite Church. Rainbow Summer Program is a 6-week summer educational enrichment program for 100 children who have completed grades K – 8. Curriculum emphases include reading, financial literacy, gardening, nutrition, physical fitness, social action/community service, and parental involvement.
- Order food needed to prepare the menu weekly
- Prepare the weekly menu with the Program Director
- Serve breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack to scholars and staff daily as well as finale
- Store perishable and non-perishable food items in appropriate locations
- Keep the kitchen, food preparation and serving areas clean and sanitized at all times
- Submit paperwork on meal counts, preparation and temperatures to Program Director
- Prepare the kitchen, food preparation areas and utensils prior to the opening of the Rainbow Summer Program session
- Clean the kitchen, food preparation areas and utensils after the close of the Rainbow Summer Program
- Plan and prepare distribution of vegetables from the community gardens for scholars to take home
- Maintain professional relations with Rainbow Mennonite Church staff providing Rainbow Summer Program support
- Experience in USDA food preparation and serving standards for large groups.
- At least one year of successful work experience as a lead cook or assistant cook in a nutritional program
- Possess good human relations skills and be able to work effectively with children, young adults and adults
- Dependable and self-starter
- Possess good communication and literacy skills; able to develop and follow menus.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of: USDA food preparation requirements and standards
Hours and Compensation: The seasonal summer position is approximately 25 hours a week at $20/hour between 5/30- 7/31.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplySend resume & cover letter to Program Director, Samanthe Burton-Bosket at firstname.lastname@example.org
433 total views, 1 today