Full-Time Entrance Screener
Position Summary / Career Interest:Entrance Screeners play a pivotal role in providing a safe working environment for employees as well as a safe patient care environment for patients and visitors. Upon arrival into any University of Kansas Health System facility, all employees and visitors will be screened for Covid-19 related symptoms. The screener must ask all screening questions and accurately obtain all visitor’s temperatures to ensure those entering our facility are not experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Greets patients and other guests upon arrival with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Screens patients and visitors when they present in entrances throughout the health system
- Assist in following CDC Guidelines of Social Distancing
- Enforce occupancy restrictions and guidelines as needed; for example all who enter a site wearing a cloth face covering
- Conduct Safety Checks – Ability to follow established safety policy and procedures and identifies and corrects conditions that affect safety in the workplace.
- Follow all requirements related to personal protective equipment, cleaning and distancing
- Initiate appropriate COVID-19 screening protocols and notifications when upper respiratory symptoms, especially fever are discovered
- Possess good verbal and reading skills in order to take temperatures and communicate questions as it relates to COVID-19 requirements
- Establishes rapport with guests in order to effectively determine needs
- Serves as a personal escort to the destination as needed and available
- Assists guests with wheelchairs and transports to the destination as needed and available
- Works with other departments when needed to provide positive patient and family experiences
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Previous medical office experience preferred
Time Type:Full time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
How to ApplyThis employer wants to be contacted as follows:
- Go to ipc.us/t/7B942DBD58064761 to apply for this position. Follow the instructions included at the site, including how to submit an application.
272 total views, 2 today