Full-Time Equipment Operator
This Equipment Operator position is located in Kansas City at the Speaker Road Subarea. This position requires a Class A CDL with air brake option at the time of hire. If you do not currently have a Class A CDL but are still interested in employment with the Kansas Department of Transportation, you may still qualify for our Equipment Operator Trainee program which is a paid position that provides employees with on-the-job training while you work towards obtaining a CDL. You may apply through this job ad for either Equipment Operator or Equipment Operator Trainee roles.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform manual labor associated with maintenance activities, including the operation of miscellaneous equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, compressors, jackhammers, generators, power tools, and various hand tools.
- Setup and remove temporary traffic control and serve as flag person for maintenance work zones.
- Maintain highways and facilities through activities such as repairs, resurfacing, mowing, and snow and ice control.
- Operate dump trucks, small and medium-size loaders, mowers, tractors, rollers, and power brooms to perform various maintenance tasks. Operate a loader or truck-mounted plow and spreader in snow and ice control operations.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with air brake option at time of appointment.
- Current Certificate of Tax Clearance. (See Required Documents below for information regarding this certificate)
- This position is subject to pre-employment physical testing. The selected candidate will be required to pass the screening as a condition of employment.
- This CDL position is subject to drug and alcohol testing under the authority of the US Department of Transportation. The selected candidate will be required to pass a DOT pre-employment/pre-duty drug test as a condition of employment in this position. (This position will also be required to participate in random testing, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up testing.)
- Any Commercial Driver who has received a Confirmed Positive Result or the Equivalent and has not successfully completed all Rehabilitation Program requirements and follow-up testing requirements is not eligible for this position. (Per SOM 2.1.10).
How to ApplyGo to https://kdotapp.ksdot.org/Vacancy/Vacancy.aspx to apply for this position. Follow the instructions included at the site, including how to submit an application.
92 total views, 1 today