Full-Time Equipment Operator
These Equipment Operator positions are located in Kansas City, Kansas. These positions require a Class A CDL with air brake option at the time of hire. If you do not currently have a Class A CDL but are still interested in employment with the Kansas Department of Transportation, you may still qualify for our Equipment Operator Trainee program which is a paid position that provides employees with on-the-job training while you work towards obtaining a CDL. You may apply through this job ad for either Equipment Operator or Equipment Operator Trainee roles.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform manual labor associated with maintenance activities, including the operation of miscellaneous equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, compressors, jackhammers, generators, power tools, and various hand tools.
- Setup and remove temporary traffic control and serve as flag person for maintenance work zones.
- Maintain highways and facilities through activities such as repairs, resurfacing, mowing, and snow and ice control.
- Operate dump trucks, small and medium-size loaders, mowers, tractors, rollers, and power brooms to perform various maintenance tasks. Operate a loader or truck-mounted plow and spreader in snow and ice control operations.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Valid Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with air brake option at time of appointment.
- A CDL must be obtained within 90 days of hire and maintained. KDOT will reimburse for the costs associated with obtaining a CDL.
- This position is subject to pre-employment physical testing. The selected candidate will be required to pass the screening as a condition of employment.
- This CDL position is subject to drug and alcohol testing under the authority of the US Department of Transportation. The selected candidate will be required to pass a DOT pre-employment/pre-duty drug test as a condition of employment in this position. (This position will also be required to participate in random testing, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up testing.)
- Any Commercial Driver who has received a Confirmed Positive Result or the Equivalent and has not successfully completed all Rehabilitation Program requirements and follow-up testing requirements is not eligible for this position. (Per SOM 2.1.10).
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate required in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. Each applicant (even non-residents) who is selected for a State of Kansas job vacancy must apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate within 10 days from the date of the offer letter by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s (KDOR) website at https://www.kdor.ks.gov/apps/taxclearance/Status.aspx.
If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact KDOR at (785)296-3199 or by email at email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease use this LINK to apply for the position.
302 total views, 1 today