Full-Time Laboratory Technician
SOM KC Cancer Center Clinical Trials
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the performance of laboratory activities for the Biospecimen Repository Core Facility (BRCF) for cancer research. This includes performing activities of specimen processing, sample storage, and sample distribution. This also includes overseeing activities related to quality assurance and regulatory standards. The technician will interface with investigators regarding samples and sample distribution. This position reports directly to the Laboratory Supervisor of the BRCF.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the region’s only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center where patients gain access to the most promising therapies, cutting-edge clinical trials and world class research.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, or other science related area. Experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis.
• Skills: Able to comply with HIPAA guidelines and research regulations.
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with clinicians, pathology staff, and researchers.
Superb time management skills; be well-organized and highly motivated.
• Work Experience: At least 1 year of laboratory experience.
• Skills: Familiarity with medical terminology. Oncology experience preferred.
Job Duties Outlined:
• Perform specimen processing under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor. This includes specimens collected for the repository or processed on behalf of other investigators and clinical trials. Specimen processing will be performed in accordance to the appropriate standard operating procedure.
• Perform specimen banking under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor. This includes specimens banked in long term storage for the repository or on behalf of other investigators. Banking will be performed in accordance to the appropriate standard operating procedure.
• Perform sample distribution under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Follow quality assurance plan and ensure laboratory processes are performed correctly. This includes daily quality control activities.
• Adhere to all laboratory standard operating procedures. Participate in reviewing SOP’s for accuracy on an annual basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Documents: Must provide the following:
• Resume & Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
How to ApplyTo learn more and apply online, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2029699 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR000737. Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
576 total views, 1 today