Full-Time Machine Operator
The Machine Operator is responsible for checking the quality of the envelopes being manufactured, packing finished product into boxes, and other support of envelope manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties may change or be added as needed.
- Checks production jacket and copy with envelopes being folded to confirm they are the same, places an approved sample on the machine.
- Checks the work of the previous shift for quality and correct packing.
- Checks boxes and cartons on the skid. Informs Lead Operator or Supervisor immediately if count does not comply with count on folding record.
- Notifies Lead Operator or Supervisor if any work from previous shift needs inspection.
- Removes folded envelopes from the delivery table, fans envelopes and visually inspects and packs in boxes or cartons. Places rejected envelopes in waste container or sets aside for final inspection. Replaces any rejected envelopes with extra envelopes placed on the delivery table for this purpose. Moves cartons from packing stand to conveyor or to skids or pallets.
- Performs quality checks on envelopes including, but not limited to seal, back and window gum to determine if there is proper adhesion to the paper, tears, hole at the corners, splits at the sides, and top and bottom folds, proper size, printing for correct color, copy and print.
- Actively participates and supports lean activities.
- Orders stock boxes, cartons and supplies.
- Labels and marks cartons according to instructions on the production jacket. Stamps every carton with date stamp including date, shift and operator number.
- Completes Machine Work Record and other required record keeping on a timely basis.
- May jog, fan and feed die cut blanks into a machine. Checks for missing or bad printing on printed stock.
- Checks machine counter at the beginning of the shift and again in the middle of the shift.
- Cleans machine area, removes paper waste and mops floor around machine.
- May provide training and monitor performance of Machine Operator Trainees.
- Prepares the machine for startup and supports the Envelope Folding Machine Adjuster by clearing simple jams, pulling blanks and monitoring portions of the machine while the Adjuster is troubleshooting and attempting to start the machine. Assists the Adjuster with machine changes by blowing down machines, wiping and assisting with press wash ups.
- Obtain information from previous shift Operator/Inspection and briefs oncoming Operator/Inspector about equipment status, order status and special operating conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to ApplyGo to https://tensioncorp.com/careers to apply for this position. Follow the instructions included at the site, including how to submit an application.
91 total views, 2 today