Part-Time Maintenance Facilitator
Job Title: Maintenance Facilitator
Status: Half-time .50 FTE (20 hours)
The Maintenance Facilitator responds to the upkeep, repairs, maintenance, and lawn needs of the church property and grounds in ways that coincide with the goals, values, vision, and mission of the congregation. Flexibility on schedule and some weekend availability is anticipated.
Primary Responsibilities – General
● Per direction of Church Administrator, handle set-up needs for church and community events both inside and outside.
● Regularly inspect the church premises (indoor and outdoor) for areas of need or concern.
● Assist church and community volunteers on special projects around the church premises (indoor and outdoor) such as visiting youth groups, clean-up days, playground workdays, etc.
● Per direction of Trustees and Church Administrator, ensure the facility and grounds remain well-maintained. This includes picking up trash, checking for graffiti, leaves, litter, and debris in areas around the building.
● Per direction of Trustees and Church Administrator, verify contracted vendors/services are performing duties adequately and report any concerns.
● Help monitor maintenance-related supplies and report low inventory to the Church Administrator when necessary.
● Per direction of Trustees and Church Administrator, (1) develop and oversee long and short-range plans for preventative maintenance and anticipated replacements and repairs and (2) work within annual budget.
● Ensure compliance and implementation of facility policies put in place by leadership to ensure the safety of those using our facilities and overall security.
● Respond to the plumbing, electrical, and mechanical needs, including minor repairs. When necessary, and in consultation with the Church Administrator and Trustees, contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
● In conjunction with Church Administrator, maintain, organize, and retain accurate maintenance records for the building, contacts of outside vendors/volunteers, and annual/seasonal maintenance checklists.
● Provide a monthly report to the Trustees for review during their monthly meetings. Attend Trustees meetings as needed.
● Lawn care (mowing, edging, mower maintenance, etc) April-November
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
● General knowledge of building and grounds maintenance (e.g. carpentry, plumbing, lawn care, electrical, etc.)
● Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
● Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite.
● Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
● Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Must demonstrate a working knowledge of:
● Applicable laws and regulations as related to position.
● The role of the position in relationship to the RMC congregation and its vision.
Preferred Education and Experience
Minimum of two years related work experience.
● Prior volunteer and employment experience in church or other non-profit settings a plus.
● Experience in Information Technology a plus.
Certificates/Licenses/ Special Requirements- Not applicable
Supervisory Responsibility- None
The Maintenance Facilitator is supervised by the Pastor. Note: This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any related duties, as may be required. RMC has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sarah Unruh (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will be in contact with you regarding further application instructions and information.
How to ApplyPlease contact Sarah Unruh (email@example.com) for application instructions and information.
393 total views, 1 today