Full-Time Operations Technician
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Operations Technician to join our organization.
The purpose of this position is for the operation of a highly technical water treatment and distribution process. The Operations Technician shall endeavor to meet or exceed all state and federal water quality standards and regulations; meet or exceed Board policies, goals and expectations; promote security of WaterOne’s water system; make routine decisions concerning process chemistry, chemical dosage, mechanical equipment operations and distribution system operation; balance flows to basins and reservoirs and maintain system water storage requirements. This position is also responsible for promoting safety, environmental stewardship and cost efficiency.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- With minimum oversight, responsible for the daily operation of a highly technical water treatment and distribution process. Makes routine decisions concerning chemical dosage, pump selection. Balances flows to basins and reservoirs and maintains system water storage requirements. Must be able to communicate effectively as well as follow written and oral instructions.
- Operates SCADA and PC based computer systems. Prepares computer-generated reports for management. Calculates flows, chemical dosages and chemical solutions. Monitors and responds to all aspects of water quality prior to distribution. Maintains pressures, flows, and reservoirs in the distribution system. Responsible for the accurate entry of operational data and reports.
- Trouble shoots problems with chemical treatment, complex instrumentation, mechanical equipment, and microprocessor-based controllers; generates work orders when necessary.
- Responsible for safe utilization of hazardous chemicals and gases. Demonstrates proper use of and use proper safety equipment, including respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and participates in required safety training. Correctly wears personal protective equipment for appropriate situations.
- Operates complex High Voltage electrical equipment and high-pressure systems.
- Performs routine process chemical laboratory analyses. Operates and trouble shoots complex chemical analyzers.
- Maintains production laboratory. Responsible for laboratory quality control and assures accurate result reporting.
How to ApplyPlease click HERE to apply.
92 total views, 1 today