Full-Time Parent Coach
Front Porch Alliance works together with Kansas City’s Eastside children
and families to meet their changing needs at home and in school. The
Home Visitor Specialist will provide comprehensive visits to families in our
program. They will build capacity for resiliency, health, wellness, and
parent/child education. This position will also support parents through an
intentional partnership as they develop and work toward goals for their
children and families.
● Attends a five-day Parents as Teachers training – Must remain
certified while employed.
● Completes weekly, 60 minute/90 minute, highly individualized,
strengths-based home visits using Parents As Teachers curriculum
● Facilitates playgroups (bimonthly).
● Administers developmental screenings and family wellness
screenings using approved screening tools.
● Recruits and retains home visiting families; with a caseload of twelve
● Meets the requirements of all funding sources.
● Attends all staff events and ongoing professional learning.
● Maintains and properly submits comprehensive written and electronic
records which include, but are not limited to up-to-date contact
information, visit records, and family goals as required by federal/state
guidelines and administrative regulation (weekly).
● Provides program parents with guidance on home safety, nutrition,
effective discipline, constructive play activities, and other related
● Provides information on community and agency services and refers
families to community resources that include medical and mental
health providers and the interagency network for other services as
● Committed to the mission of Front Porch Alliance
● Provides support at quarterly community events.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree, CDA or equivalent experience.
● 3 years’ experience working with Early Childhood Programs and
children from birth to age five.
● Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
● Highest ethical standards and responsibility with confidential
● Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for good communications with
culturally diverse participants, partners, and supporters.
● Positive, effective, and professional working relationships with staff,
clients, and community partners.
● Committed to ongoing professional development of best practices
surrounding strength-based approach to families, parenting behaviors,
child health and wellness, and other relevant family centered
● Outstanding time management, organizational skills, and
● Capacity to problem solve, handle crisis, and work with families and
● Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance
of at least $100,000, and a good driving record.
● This job requires the Parent Coach to travel to various locations and
go in and out of private homes to provide services to parents and
● Must be able to lift five to ten pounds on a regular basis.
Hours Full time, salaried. Some evenings and Saturdays required.
Compensation Salary range $40,000-46,000, health insurance, 403b
and generous PTO package
How to ApplyPlease send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
98 total views, 1 today