Part-Time Part-Time RSVP Volunteer Coordinator
UWGKC serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability. We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking a Part-Time RSVP Coordinator for the RSVP, AmeriCorps Seniors Volunteer program. This is a non-exempt position, working 24 hours a week.
RSVP AmeriCorps 55+ of Wyandotte County is expanding it’s programming into Johnson County, KS and Jackson County, MO and recruiting new team members. RSVP, AmeriCorps 55+ is the largest national volunteer network for people age 55 and up. Through a federal grant from AmeriCorps, UWGKC mobilizes a diverse group of volunteers to leverage their skills and experiences to address community challenges, while providing a social network of their peers.
Grant funded compensation ranging from $18.00-$20.00 based on experience and qualifications.
This position will be based out of the Wyandotte County location, located at 434 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101.
- Work collaboratively with RSVP staff and volunteer agencies in program planning and implementation to ensure effective volunteer recruitment, training and placement; volunteer recognition and retention; data management, including maintenance of program records and completion of required RSVP reports.
- Create positive relationships with RSVP volunteers and agency representatives.
- Provide technical assistance to RSVP volunteers and agencies through workshops, training, and on-line resources.
- Serve on planning team to help recruit and manage volunteers for community events and National Days of Service.
- Create newsletters, email blasts, and update social media and volunteer database to promote volunteer opportunities.
- Meet project goals and objectives by recruiting a diverse pool of volunteers for placement designed to meet critical community needs and offer meaningful opportunities for the volunteers to serve their community.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse range of people and interact at a variety of locations across the Kansas City metro area.
- BS/BA in related field (additional equivalent or related experience may be substituted for part of the educational requirement).
- 2 years experience working with volunteers and/or administrative support.
- Must be able to pass Criminal History Background Check (Grant Requirement)
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications. Database management software a plus.
- Experience with a federal grant program through Corporation for National and Community Service, a plus.
How to ApplyTo Apply, please submit interest through the Job Posting link provided.
265 total views, 1 today