Part-Time Patient Registration Rep
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Patient Registration Representative is responsible for Inpatient/ Outpatient registrations for the Health System. Obtains proper patient identification, demographics and financial information to adequately register and secure the patient encounter. Responsible for POS collections as required. Maintains a constant focus on providing excellent customer service to patients/ families and a professional image.
- Monitors schedule on daily basis for patients arriving into the department for the day if applicable.
- Responsible for admitting / registering scheduled and non-scheduled or emergent patients for the assigned department.
- Conducts bedside admission on patients who are direct admits to the unit as needed.
- Obtains identification to assure accuracy of demographic and insurance information. Enters information in computer system with correct spelling of patient name and diagnosis, date of birth, social security number employer, guarantor and correct medical record number.
- Greets patients and/or relative. Interviews and obtains or rechecks pertinent information.
- As required, collects co-pay or deposits as appropriate for service being rendered.
- Responsible to balance cash drawer as a part of end of day process.
- Explains facility policies and ensures patient and/or relative understands and signs the consent and insurance forms at the appropriate time. Clear and accurate documentation should be entered on the appropriate forms and keyed into the computer system.
- Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations.
- Completes MSPQ as required for admission.
- Attends and participates in staff training or education which relates to their position and would contribute to their knowledge.
- Responsible for the inventory and release of patient valuables placed in safe following all requirements as described in the departmental policy as needed.
- Provide coverage as requested in all areas of registration following established guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of administrative policies, department procedures, third party coverage and required admission and insurance documents.
- Responsible for other duties or projects, which are assigned by Management. These may include special projects, telephone coverage, filing, scanning, copying and other duties as instructed.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Clerical, registration and/or customer service experience within a health care setting preferred.
How to ApplyPlease use the following link to apply, apply here.
212 total views, 1 today