Full-Time RSVP Project Manager
UWGKC serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformation change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability. We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking a RSVP Project Manager for the RSVP, AmeriCorps Seniors Volunteer program. The Project Manager is responsible for volunteer recruitment & retention, relations with agency partners, and public relations for the project. This is a full-time, exempt position.
RSVP AmeriCorps 55+ of Wyandotte County is expanding it’s programming into Johnson County, KS and Jackson County, MO and recruiting new team members. RSVP, AmeriCorps 55+ is the largest national volunteer network for people age 55 and up. Through a federal grant from AmeriCorps, UWGKC mobilizes a diverse group of volunteers to leverage their skills and experiences to address community challenges, while providing a social network of their peers.
Grant funded compensation ranging from ranging from $41,000 – $43,000, based on experience and qualifications.
This position will be based out of the Wyandotte County location, located at 434 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101.
- Work with the Director and Coordinator to plan and execute volunteer initiatives that are outcome-based; utilize volunteer resources in the community; foster partnerships with various sectors of the community, and promote, increase, and track the community’s involvement.
- Provide administrative oversight of RSVP by ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the federal grant and applicable federal regulations, developing, and implementing project policies and generating required reports, annual renewals, and other grant requirements.
- Direct project quality by following annual project goals and objectives by recruiting volunteers for placement designed to meet critical community needs and offer meaningful opportunities.
- Recruit a diverse pool of volunteers through community presentations, media, print and online channels.
- Serve on planning team to host recognition and National Days of Service, and to recruit volunteers for community events.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse range of people and interact at a variety of locations across the Kansas City metro area.
- BS/BA in Business or related field (additional equivalent or related experience may be substituted for part of the educational requirement.
- 5 years of related experience with job related responsibilities including volunteer management and/or working with older adults.
- Must be able to pass Criminal History Background Check (Grant Requirement)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in relationship building and conflict resolution is critical.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications. Experience with database management software, a plus.
- Experience with a federal grant program through Corporation for National and Community Service, a plus
United Way of Greater Kansas City offers a full benefits package for all full-time employees.
How to ApplyTo Apply, please submit interest through the Job Posting link provided.
271 total views, 1 today