Part-Time Swim Instructor
Dive into a busy job where your smile and a high-five could change a child’s life! As an Emler Swim Instructor, your work will provide a meaningful learning experience for kids in your Kansas City – Westwood community. Demonstrate your spectacular customer service skills by welcoming families into our facility and assisting with the registration process.
No experience? That’s okay – we will teach you! We provide continuous training and development from day 1. Swim Instructor training starts with the basics, so you do not need prior work or swim stroke experience. Customer service experience is a plus!
What you’ll need to succeed
- Positivity – a gift for creating fun, and for making others happy!
- Desire to wade and splash in our heated, indoor pools
- Eagerness to learn – fast learners enjoy becoming skilled Emler Swim Instructors
- Fun, friendly, and effective communication skills with both kids and adults
- Confidence – it helps you deliver a remarkable experience for your students
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time, quickly entering and exiting a pool and repeatedly lifting more than 20 lbs
- Commitment to a schedule – kids eagerly await the start of their on-time classes each week
- Strong customer service skills to answer phones and provide information about our swim lessons
Perks of being an Emler Swim Teacher
- Competitive starting pay $13-$15/hour with frequent opportunities for pay raises (3X/year)
- Rapidly growing company – instructors regularly earn promotions
- Winter break holiday aligns with ISD school schedules
- Employee referral bonuses and discounts for swim lessons and parties
- A great employee discount program including discounts on travel, retail, dining, electronics, daycare and more!
- A year-round aquatic job
How you’ll spend your work day
- Laughing, playing, and even singing in the water with our swimmers
- Following our swim curriculum to develop a student’s love of swimming
- Instructing students through safe, weekly small group lessons and talking to parents
- Establishing trusted relationships with parents, communicating often with them about their child’s progress, goals and classes
- Working a consistent weekly schedule each semester with availability to work afternoon, early evening, and/or weekend shifts
- Identifying and cultivating new sales opportunities though inbound leads via phone and email
- Managing enrollments and class schedules in registration software
Who’s on your team
We each bring their own unique flare into the pool room. Spend your days in the water alongside others who are energized and optimistic, sharing your love of serving and teaching children.
While saving lives in one community, you’d also be part of a power team that spans over 25 locations nationwide. Apply and learn the reasons our employees consistently vote Emler as one of the Best Places to Work in our communities, year after year.
How to ApplyVisit our website to apply: https://emlerswimschool.com/work-for-emler/
161 total views, 1 today