Full-Time Workforce Services Specialist (REA)
This is technical work interviewing clients to obtain information needed to determine potential eligibility for training programs, job referrals and other program services. The position is located at the Wyandotte County Workforce Center in Kansas City, KS.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide early intervention and case management to claimants selected for the Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessments (RESEA) program. RESEA consists of claimants identified by the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) Worker Profiling and Reemployment Services (WPRS) system as “likely to exhaust” Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits
- Determine eligibility and suitability for partner programs within the workforce system including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Kansas Health Profession Opportunity Project, Jobs for Veterans State Grant, and other state and federal grant programs in the local area
- Maintain comprehensive documentation including detailed customer notes and service history in the KANSASWORKS.com customer management system
- Collaborate with Kansas Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance staff to report the progress of claimants participating in early intervention reemployment services
- Facilitate workshops in the areas of work readiness and business skills
- Responsible for résumé and cover letter critique, mock interviews and providing labor market information
- Refer job candidates to employment opportunities and support services as appropriate
- High School or GED
Licensing & Certification:
- None Required
- One year of experience interacting with clients, customers, or the public in a social service or problem resolution setting.
- Twelve (12) credit hours of course work at the post-secondary level in social services, human services or a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents by the closing date of the announcement.
- One year of experience working with job seekers in a recruitment or job coaching environment, staffing company or state workforce.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- A National Career Readiness Certificate or Kansas WORKReady! Certificate a plus. For more information on these certificates, contact the Wyandotte County Workforce Center at (913) 279-2600 or a Kansas Workforce Center near you.
NOTE: If you lack any of the required experience and want us to consider relevant education, you must provide copies of your transcripts/certificates before the closing date.
How to ApplyPlease click on the following link to apply, https://jobs.sok.ks.gov/
221 total views, 1 today